Sunday, February 26, 2012

Drawing

The first few steps are done. Getting her measurements, check. Figuring out what she wants, check. Then it is my turn to find a way to make it happen. Fabric is chosen. A pattern close to what she wants helps A LOT.

Today was the first stage of the making of the dress. Tracing the pattern and marking it for the alterations. Lots of changes.

Did you know kittens like to sew? She loves to tear up the tissue paper pattern, play with dangling threads and show me which lines to trace. She isn't such a great helper.
I was just getting started. 5 hours latter, one role of scotch tape and SEVERAL feel of paper latter, the dress is traced out. I'm pooped.

4 comments:

  1. Hey guys, it isn't nice to lurk! :) I know the pics aren't very interesting yet but it will get there. One step at a time.

    Share the blog with whoever you want to share it with. I'll keep it secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad :) It's what I do. Your work is always interesting and magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lurch! This blog is for you, not me! :) So speak up. I need a cheering section. My knees still hurt! They are a nice shade of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Im so excited!!! All Hail the Royal Tailor!!! Cant wait to see whats next...:D

    ReplyDelete